This are aircrafts that perform their functions differently that the normal planes. The specialized aircraft combine or use different gadgets to enhance aerodynamics or increase performance.
- Flaperons – This performs both jobs of ailerons and flaps. they are structurally sound even though they are made of light material and are activated by use of actuators in specialized aircraft. The flaperons also increase stability in this type of aircrafts and they are used mostly on light aircrafts. it therefore combines both functions of increasing lift/drag with rolling.
- elevon – combines elevator and aileron functions. its aesthetics, speed and streamline quality renders it to be used mostly in jets. This means it combines both pitching and rolling control on tail less specialized aircraft.
- Ruddervator – Has both rudder and elevator controls combined that means it combines both pitching and yawing control.its technically a v-tail as described in airplane fuselage and empennage. its known to have stealth due to its rudder type hence its only used in specialized aircrafts.
- Stabilator – combines both functions of horizontal stabilizer and elevator that means it provides both horizontal stability with pitching control in specialized aircraft. its used in many aircraft. The above aircraft are classified under specialized aircraft because this gadgets in them are not found in all aircraft. in fact some of them are uniquely designed and engineered to meet certain standards and specifications for a certain purpose i.e specifically for jets e.t.c.
- canards – This is a unique wing placed at at the front of the usual wing to increase stability. it is only found in specialized aircraft or planes that need more support or increase in lift like in jets. This are not to be confused with tail planes which are generally found in the empennage. below is an illustration of two planes with canards, the first is a plane :- in a jet it looks like this:-